Tells when playing online poker
Tells in online poker differs a lot from tells in live poker. You can't see the other player's body language when you are playing online. Yet, you watch how they act according to their reacting time.
When poker is played online, every player has a certain time to their disposal. Therefore, you can make judgments depending on how they are using the time.
Here are a few guidelines that is good to have in mind:
1) A player call instantly a small bet after the flop: you should suspect he has a drawing hand or a really great hand.
2) A player check instantly after the flop, the turn or the river: you should suspect that he doesn’t have anything at all or just a hand he doesn’t want to make any investments in.
3) A player waits a remarkably long time before he calls: you should suspect he is unsure of his hands strength or has a really strong hand and want you to believe the opposite.
4) A player using the automation button to call: you should suspect a hand with little potential that the player isn't very interested in.
5) Never forget that players can be manipulating with tells to give you wrong impressions.